“We can put you into the story. The medium isn’t real. The experience it creates in me is what’s real.” ~ Zander Greene, Fantasy Faire, The Drax Files : World Makers, Episode 4
The Literary Festival this year will once again be taking the opportunity to explore the Fairelands as the Company of Faire Folk ride out on a daily (and sometimes twice daily) tour. The Company will gather each day in the Market in Líng Xiāo Village in Líng xiāo lóng 灵霄龙.
Each day, we will explore a different region of the Fairelands, with a knowledgeable guide to tell us the story behind each region and to guide us around the sights.
Each of our regions is full of wonders and stories and fantastic creations. Perhaps some of these will inspire you to put pen to paper and write your own stories or poems based on your experiences of the regions. We certainly invite you to do so, and to send them to us for publication on the Fantasy Fair blog and web-pages. Where will your imagination take you?
Submitted tales can be read on the Fantasy Faire Blog and on the Tales from the Fairelands 2021 pages.
You will find a list of the tours below. On each tour day, the link will be activated, and on the linked page, you will find tour guide notes and other information, so don’t forget to check back daily for information and inspiration.
Friday 23rd April 2021 • 5 pm slt: Tempest Bay
Saturday 24th April 2021 • 5 pm slt: Wandering Woods
Sunday 25th April 2021 • 5 pm slt: Yin Yang
Monday 26th April 2021 • 5 pm slt: Somniatoris Arx
Tuesday 27th April 2021 • 5 pm slt: Featherfall
Wednesday 28th April 2021 • 5 pm slt: A’Dracunas
Thursday 29th April 2021 • 5 pm slt: J’adoube
Friday 30th April 2021 • NO TOUR
Saturday 1st May 2021 • 5 pm slt: Isles of Tarrin
Sunday 3rd May • NO TOUR
Monday 3rd May 2021 • 1 pm slt: Valhalla
Monday 3rd May 2021 • 5 pm slt: Peaville Goes Nuts
Tuesday 4th May 2021 • 1 pm slt: Paer Thura
Tuesday 4th May 2021 • 5 pm slt: Mithlumen
Wednesday 5th May 2021 • 1 pm slt: Ostara
Wednesday 5th May 2021 • 5 pm slt: Scrimshaw Warrens
Thursday 6th May 2021 • 12 noon slt: The Dark Awakening
Thursday 6th May 2021 • 5 pm slt: Khol Dracys<.a<
Friday 7th May 2021 • 12 noon slt: Amethyst Rift
Friday 7th May 2021 • 5 pm slt: Ling Xiao Long 灵霄龙
Saturday 8th May 2021 • 12 noon slt: The Cerulean Bombora
Saturday 8th May 2021 • 5 pm slt: Fairelands Junction
Sunday 9th May 2021 • 1 pm slt: The Company’s Choice
Sunday 9th May 2021 • 5 pm slt: The Seventh Valley
How the Writing Challenge Works
• You can join the Company of Faire Folk in the Market in Líng Xiāo Village in Líng xiāo lóng 灵霄龙. at the appointed time (usually 5pm and also, in the final week, at 1pm). From there, you can travel to one of the 21 Regions of the Fairelands.
• There, with the aid of a knowledgeable guide, you can explore the region. You will have a special tour guide card, accessed through our special HUD to assist you.
• Or, if you prefer to travel independently, you can do so, using the HUD and guide cards, on your own or with friends.
• Let yourself be inspired by what you see, hear and do during your travels, whether it be the region as a whole, some small part of it, or just something said during the tour. Then, write a poem, some microfiction, a short story, or whatever you feel inspired to do.
• Once you have written it, you may, if you wish, submit it to be published on the Tales from the Fairelands pages and the Fantasy Faire Blog. Submit your offerings by emailing to email@example.com
• Items received within two days of the tour will be published on the Fantasy Fair Blog until May 30th. Items received after that will be included in the Tales pages, but not the blog.
• Some of the these tales may be chosen for broadcast and recorded by the LitFest team. Writers are asked if you do NOT wish your work broadcast, please indicate this on your submission.
• Authors retain all creative rights to their works.