“We can put you into the story. The medium isn’t real. The experience it creates in me is what’s real.” ~ Zander Greene, Fantasy Faire The Drax Files : World Makers Episode 4
We invited you to put your Fantasy Faire experience into words. The Faire is brimming with stories: breathtaking builds and fantastical creations designed to touch your heart and soul. What stories would they inspire in you?
Returning to Fantasy Faire’s Literary Fest this year were our LitFest Tours, leaving daily at 5.00pm from our home base on Halls of Story to explore the Fairelands.
And these were the Tales, stories and poems that we received:
Tales from Erstwhile
Tales from the Willows of Nienna
Tales from The Bazaar Dungeon
Tales from Sanoria
A Tale from The Story Well – and a Challenge!
Tales from Tiny Town
Tales from Athenaeum Arcana
Tales from Falls of Hope
Tales from Pools of Ethuil
Tales from Severina
Tales from Aetherea
Tales from The Halls of Story
Tales from Astrid’s Nemeton
Tales from Fairelands Junction
Tales from Ardessa
How did it work? Three simple steps:
- People joined their guide at the top of the session, and travelled to one of the fifteen unique fantasy regions. With the aid of a guide, and a specially created guide card, they explored the region and opened themselves up to what inspires them, what detail or overall impression sparked a poem, micro-fiction, or short story.
- Then they returned to the LitFest home base (or a personal quiet space) and realized in words the narrative and feelings inspired by the region featured.
- Finally, they shared their work by submiting their pieces s – either inworld or by email – to be posted online along with others inspired by the same region.
- Some of the these tales will be chosen for broadcast on Fantasy Faire Radio, and may also appear on the Fantasy Faire channel on You Tube. Writers are asked: If you do NOT wish your work broadcast, please indicate this on your submission.
- Individual writers retain creative ownership of works shared.
These are the tour guide notes for 2018:
Tour 1: Thursday 19th April 5pm: Erstwhile
Tour 2: Friday 20th April 5pm: The Willows of Nienna
Tour 3: Saturday 21st April 5pm: The Bazaar Dungeon
Tour 4: Sunday 22nd April 5pm: Sanoria
Special Tour: Monday 23rd April 10am: The Story Well
Tour 5: Monday 23rd April 5pm: Tiny Town
Tour 6: Tuesday 24th April 5pm: Athenaeum Arcana
Tour 7: Wednesday 25th April 5pm: Falls of Hope
Tour 8: Thursday 26th April 5pm: Pools of Ethuil
Tour 9: Friday 27th April 5pm: Severina
Tour 10: Saturday 28th April noon: Aetherea
Tour 11: Thurday 3rd May: The Halls of Story
Tour 12: Friday 4th May: Astrid’s Nemeton
Tour 13: Saturday 5th May: Fairelands Junction
Tour 14: Sunday 6th May: Ardessa
Throughout the Tours, the guide was Saffia Widdershins and music specially selected for the regions will be played by Nyza Stillwater (Zander Greene also played in Tiny Town, and Astoria Luminous in the Pools of Ethuil).
Did you experience an event or singular experience at Fantasy Faire that inspires you? Write about it and send it to us, by email. Submissions received before 1st June will be added to the website.