Have you started The Fairelands Quest: The Magic of Dragons, but feel stuck? Do you have questions? We have answers!
HOW DO I START THE QUEST?
Purchase a Hunt HUD from any of the landing points. For example here in Fairelands Junction.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REGULAR AND DELUXE HUDS?
The HUDs are exactly the same, but the Deluxe Edition includes fancy outfits from Belle Epoque so you can adventure in style!
I JUST STARTED, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Read the notecard in the package! This will be extremely helpful and get you on your way. To start your quest, add the quest HUD and Cyra, your companion. Find the Bard Queen on Fairelands Junction and she will tell you what to do next.
DO I NEED TO FIND THINGS IN CERTAIN ORDER?
First, find the Bard Queen. She’ll send you on your quest to find Cyra. After that, any order is good! You can even just explore the Fairelands and shop as you look for the items you seek.
WHERE IS THE BARD QUEEN?
She resides in Fairelands Junction. The only other NPC in Junction is Cyra.
IS THERE ONLY ONE ITEM PER SIM?
No. In Part 1, there are three chests to find per region (shopping regions only). One chest will give you the object you seek, two will give you oddities. Once you’ve found the object you seek and received the region gift you can move on to another region. Special note for those playing with friends: The chests you need to find may vary; you may find the quest object in the first chest, your friend may find an oddity and need to keep searching. This is not a glitch!
The Inventory panel on your HUD will tell you what you’ve found, what you still need to find, and where to find it. When you have found the quest object for a region, you’ll see an icon over the region name.
NOTE: REGIONS GIRAPHORIA AND GLIMMERING MEADOWS ARE SWITCHED ON THE HUD. To get to Glimmering Meadows, click on Giraphoria (and vice versa).
In Part 2, you’ll move to Nova Nadiya for the remainder of the Quest.
WHAT DOES CYRA DO?
She’s a very helpful quest companion! Click her button on the HUD and she’ll tell you whether you’re close to one of the objects you seek, somewhat close, or not close at all. And she can remind you that you’ve found everything worth finding in your current region.
CAN I DETACH MY HUD OR LOG OUT WITHOUT LOSING PROGRESS?
Yes. No need to do the Quest in one go.
ARE THERE ANY ITEMS HIDDEN IN STORES?
No. The Quest characters are not paid until the Faire is over, and the Fairelands Merchants Union side-eyes them too much to let them in until then.
THE VIDEO DOESN’T SHOW, WHAT DO I DO?
Check local chat: there is a link that you can use to view the video outside SL in your web browser, in Vimeo. Don’t miss the videos — that’s where the story is!
CAN I SEE THE VIDEOS AGAIN?
Yes. You can view the videos any time from the History menu in your HUD, or receive another transcript of the videos on notecard.
DO I NEED TO BUY ANOTHER HUD TO DO PART 2 OF THE QUEST?
No, your existing HUD will be ready to go when Part 2 is announced. You may need to detach it and reattach it to get going again.
CAN I DO THE QUEST AGAIN, START OVER FROM THE BEGINNING?
Yes, and it’s easy. If for any reason you want to redo the quest, just click Setup, then Restart Quest. This will delete all your quest progress and take you back to the beginning.
I FOUND AN ITEM AND SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED A REGION GIFT, BUT DID I?
Don’t forget to open your Inventory panel! It is located at the top of the HUD. The Inventory panel will show you everything you’ve collected as well as everything you haven’t found yet.
If you think you’ve collected an item but don’t see it listed in the Inventory panel:
- Return to the item in question, and try clicking on it again. You should either receive a message saying that you found it, or a message that you have already found everything on that region.
- If you’re told that you’ve already found it, and you don’t see that region checked off in your Inventory panel, Click on the “Setup” button and choose “Refresh.”
- If you still don’t see the item in your inventory after refreshing, please ask for admin assistance in the Fantasy Faire Fans group.
THE HUD ISN’T WORKING! It doesn’t register the items I’ve found, it doesn’t say anything, it’s moved to London and just sends me postcards.
First, please be patient — the Unweaver seems to have scattered lag all over the Fairelands and there is plenty to go around! Lag affects the HUD just like it affects everything else and, in crowded or laggy regions, the HUD may sometimes take several seconds to respond.
If you find that the HUD buttons are not working and the panels are not opening or closing:
- Wait a minute or so and then see if the HUD starts responding.
- If the HUD is still not responding, go to an uncrowded area and try clicking on the HUD again. If it still does not respond, detach, re-attach, and try once more.
- If the HUD is STILL not responding:
- Please teleport away from the Fairelands entirely — return home, or to an uncrowded region, etc.
- Wait a moment and then see if the HUD begins to respond. If it does not, please detach it and reattach it again.
- If it STILL does not work, please detach the HUD, re-log, and reattach it again.
- If all of the above steps fail, it will be best to start with a new HUD. Don’t worry, you won’t lose your progress! To receive and set up a new HUD:
- Move to an uncrowded area with low lag
- Detach all the items in the Quest kit folder. To avoid confusion, rename that folder “Old Quest HUD” or something similar, because you’re about to unpack a new Quest HUD folder.
- Look in your inventory for the original Fairelands Quest delivery item. It will be in your “Objects” folder unless you moved it yourself, and will be called either “The Fairelands Quest 2023 – Basic Ed. [boxed] (add & click)” or “The Fairelands Quest 2023 – Deluxe Ed. [boxed] (add & click).” Add this item, and click it to accept re-delivery of the new Quest folder.
- Add the Magic of Dragons HUD and Cyra from the new folder and accept the Terms of Service again.
- BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING FURTHER: Click the “Setup” button, and then choose “Refresh.” This will restore any progress you have made that was recorded by the system, and you’ll be able to resume the game where you left off. If you feel that you are missing any items that you collected, please ask for admin assistance in the Fantasy Faire Fans group.
Buying a new HUD will not reset anything — your progress is saved in the Quest server and tied to your UUID, it is not saved in the HUD.
Still stuck? Ask for help in * * Fantasy Faire Fans * * group, Fairelanders are very helpful!