In this Season of Hope, we will shut out nothing from our firesides and everyone will be welcome.
~ the character of Charles Dickens from the film “The Man Who Invented Christmas”
“Dickens? Fantasy?,” you say. “Bah, Humbug!,” we say. A Christmas Carol has much that is fantastical: supernatural phenomena, time travel, magical flight, ghosts! Dickens could have hardly made it more of a fantasy if he’d dressed the Ghost of Christmas Past in an Alia Baroque custom skin, and a Faida gown.
Sunday, December 15th from 2-4pm slt Fantasy Faire Radio will embrace the energy of the holidays, and share it with Rock from Dickens Square. DJ Elrik Merlin will play classic rock from both sides of the Atlantic Ocean at The Dickens Project SL.
Join us in Second Life at The Dickens Project region, or tune in by opening https://radioriel.org in your internet browser and choosing FANTASY in the top menu, or by opening http://fantasy.radioriel.org in a network audio player.
What is The Dickens Project? It is an annual celebration created by Fantasy Faire Radio Sponsor, Seanchai Library, and in a nutshell includes:
- A full region themed around Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, and the world of the story.
- Over 90 hours of live music, spoken word, dance events and performances.
- Self-selectable interactive elements, including the “Urchins in Dickens’ London” roleplay/game/experience, and opportunities for both RP and Non-RP guests.
- Dozens of performers, presenters, and special guests including Patch Linden himself.
- Educational and interpretive content to encourage questions like “What was Tiny Tim suffering from anyway?”
(Images by Aoife Lorefield, courtesy of The Dickens Project)