Interview by Dagmar Haiku
The Epic Toy Factory is a wondrous place for all kind of items. If you are looking for giant candy, a dragon gondola or magical trees this is the right store. Last year Mayah Parx, the owner of the Epic Toy Factory, built the wonderful Fantastical and Magical Sim for the Fantasy Faire. This year Mayah is not only building Jungle Bungle for the Faire, she is sponsoring it too!
1. This isn’t your first Fantasy Faire. What made you decide to become a sponsor?
I liked the idea of building the sponsor store for myself 🙂
2. Your sim always seems to change how often do you rebuild it in one year?
2 or 3 times, sometimes more.
3. How did you start as a creator in Second Life? Do you remember the first item you sold?
I was tired of hunting for that which I wanted so I learned to build.
Yes a little build called sunny conversations… delightful fellows.
4. The range of items you build is very wide but they always trigger a magical feeling in me. What inspires you to the things you create.
5. How did you get into fantasy?
Is the world not a fantasy, one which we bend and shape. Everyday may be your reality but to others in this world you life may be their fantasy.
6. You are going to build the Jungle Bungle sim. Do you already have a picture in mind how the sim is going to look like and do you like to share them?
Yes I know what it will look like… share them the ideas and concepts lol… I build my imagination I have never been able to describe it.
7. Fantasy Faire is an excellent way to educate and inform people about RFL. What would you like to see people take away from the Fantasy Faire?
Passion, determination and an incredible sense of warmth that comes from the realization that people all round the world… essentially strangers came together and created magic… a restoration thought really… that people can work together and support each other to get through just about anything. No one is truly alone… they just think they are.
Thank you very much for the interview Mayah! To see more of Mayah’s work visit the Epic Toy Factory.